Commercial Roofing Services Chattanooga
- Friday, 20 March 2020 18:24
How To Choose The Best Roofer for the Job
Is it time to repair or replace your commercial roofing system? You may be wondering exactly How to choose a Chattanooga commercial roofer?
When making this important decision, it is critical to note years of experience, licensing, professionalism, time needed to complete the job, and– of course– price. These things will make it easier to determine how to choose the best roofing company for your Chattanooga industrial or commercial roof.
Here are 6 steps you should consider before hiring a professional contractor to complete your Chattanooga roofing project:
- Choose Local: Look for local contractors in the Chattanooga area who specialize in commercial roofing. Check out their work!
- Conduct an In Person Interview: Meet for a sit down to get a feel for the company or contractor. Get an overview of supplies, labor, and cost involved in your project so there are no surprises. This can help you decide which Chattanooga roofing contractor is best fit for your specific job
- Proof of Insurance: At Tennessee Roofing & Construction, we recommend you never hire a contractor, of any kind, without proof of licenses, permits, worker’s comp, as well as insurance.
- Estimated Time to Complete Roofing Job: Know up front how long a job so you can plan accordingly. It’s so crucial to be on the same page, and work with a contractor who will keep you in the communication loop as the roofing project develops.
- Previous Commercial Roofing Experience: Inquire about past experience, and ask to see a roofing portfolio for examples, if available. Know what you’re getting into.
- Read Reviews & Testimonials: The power of social media sharing can help you determine a quality Chattanooga commercial contractor, like Tennessee Roofing and Construction!
Tennessee Roofing and Construction is a certified installer of commercial roofing systems and products. We focus on commercial construction, hospitality, and industrial construction throughout Tennessee and Georgia. Call us today for your free commercial roofing estimate! We would love to bring your roofing project to life.
Protect Your Commercial Roof From Season Hazards
- Tuesday, 31 October 2017 18:56
As summer becomes a distant memory and cooler weather sets in, our attention turns to fall roof prep. Here are a few reasons why you should protect your Chattanooga commercial roof and gutters from the changing seasons before winter weather sets in.
At Tennessee Roofing and Construction, we always recommend customers call us for routine inspections of your facility roof as well as periodic maintenance to make any necessary repairs before old man winter hits. Several factors can cause roof damage, but one major concern during this time of year are falling leaves. While colorful, autumn leaves are beautiful, they can wreak havoc on commercial roofing structures.
Commercial Roof Drain Buildup
How could leaves as light as a feather cause so much roof damage? Moisture. From rain and water drainage, wet leaves become a heavy mass that often clogs drains, blocks scuppers and invites mold, fungi and mildew to grow. If not properly removed, leaves can lead to back up, which increases the weight on the roof deck. Did you know that 1 inch of standing water weighs approximately 5 lbs. per inch, per square foot of roof surface assembly? Over time, even a small amount of standing water may damage the roofing membranes, reducing the life expectancy of your roof.
As cold weather approaches, areas of ponding may be at risk of leaks, as water freezes and expands. The additional weight of ice or snow can cause structural damage and expensive repairs, or even roof collapse in areas of poor drainage due to debris.
We recommend frequent checks and prompt debris-removal, necessary to prevent buildup or blockage. Drains and gutters should be cleared in the fall before below-freezing temperatures create frozen blockages from leaf debris.
Tennessee Commercial Roofing – Chattanooga TN
It takes a professional to recognize faulty sealants, flashings, mortar, seams and penetrations. At Tennessee Roofing and Construction, our customers receive quality work and peace of mind knowing your commercial roof is ready for winter. Give us a call today to learn more about services at 423-842-8826.