With all the wild weather we’ve recently experienced in the Chattanooga Valley, it’s not unlikely that you or someone you’re close with has suffered some storm damage that has left you in need of home or roof repairs. There are ways to assess damage and spot needs that point to necessary roof repairs. In light of the tornados that have recently wreaked havoc on our area, and the fact that it’s storm season in Tennessee, you may want to give your home and roof a good once-over to ensure you don’t need some help from a professional roofing company to get back in working order.
Things that could point to necessary roof repairs:
- Check your attic area and ceilings for signs of leaks and water damage. If you detect leaks, it may mean your roof needs attention.
- Visually check for missing shingles from wind damage to the roof. Pay close attention to downspouts and drainage elements, as well as roof valleys, and areas where roofing meets the exterior walls of your home or building.
- Don’t forget to assess the state of your gutters! The gutter system is imperative for proper draining during rainy times, and if yours aren’t working properly, you can expect issues to follow.
- Check for signs of hail damage to your roofing system. Hail damage usually manifests in the form of dimples caused when pieces of hail forcefully hit roofing shingles.
- Make sure no brush or debris from trees has found its way onto your roof. Fallen tree branches can cause roof damage, and even leaves and small bits of yard debris can cause damage if left atop your roof.
- Look for loss of granules on your roof’s shingles as well. Shingle granules serve the purpose of reflecting heat from the sun to help more effectively regulate indoor temperatures. Loss of granules can be another outcome of storm damage to roofs.
Work with Tennessee Roofing and Construction
If your residential or commercial roof needs repairs due to storm damage, we hope you’ll consider contacting our expert team at Tennessee Roofing and Construction. We’d love to help you assess the situation, and make recommendations for best addressing your roof damage in a cost effective and efficient manner. We handle both commercial roofing and residential roofing jobs across the Chattanooga area, and we would be honored to work with you.