Signs of Storm Damage to Roof
- Friday, 22 May 2020 15:16
With all the wild weather we’ve recently experienced in the Chattanooga Valley, it’s not unlikely that you or someone you’re close with has suffered some storm damage that has left you in need of home or roof repairs. There are ways to assess damage and spot needs that point to necessary roof repairs. In light of the tornados that have recently wreaked havoc on our area, and the fact that it’s storm season in Tennessee, you may want to give your home and roof a good once-over to ensure you don’t need some help from a professional roofing company to get back in working order.
Things that could point to necessary roof repairs:
- Check your attic area and ceilings for signs of leaks and water damage. If you detect leaks, it may mean your roof needs attention.
- Visually check for missing shingles from wind damage to the roof. Pay close attention to downspouts and drainage elements, as well as roof valleys, and areas where roofing meets the exterior walls of your home or building.
- Don’t forget to assess the state of your gutters! The gutter system is imperative for proper draining during rainy times, and if yours aren’t working properly, you can expect issues to follow.
- Check for signs of hail damage to your roofing system. Hail damage usually manifests in the form of dimples caused when pieces of hail forcefully hit roofing shingles.
- Make sure no brush or debris from trees has found its way onto your roof. Fallen tree branches can cause roof damage, and even leaves and small bits of yard debris can cause damage if left atop your roof.
- Look for loss of granules on your roof’s shingles as well. Shingle granules serve the purpose of reflecting heat from the sun to help more effectively regulate indoor temperatures. Loss of granules can be another outcome of storm damage to roofs.
Work with Tennessee Roofing and Construction
If your residential or commercial roof needs repairs due to storm damage, we hope you’ll consider contacting our expert team at Tennessee Roofing and Construction. We’d love to help you assess the situation, and make recommendations for best addressing your roof damage in a cost effective and efficient manner. We handle both commercial roofing and residential roofing jobs across the Chattanooga area, and we would be honored to work with you.
Commercial Roofing Services Chattanooga
- Friday, 20 March 2020 18:24
How To Choose The Best Roofer for the Job
Is it time to repair or replace your commercial roofing system? You may be wondering exactly How to choose a Chattanooga commercial roofer?
When making this important decision, it is critical to note years of experience, licensing, professionalism, time needed to complete the job, and– of course– price. These things will make it easier to determine how to choose the best roofing company for your Chattanooga industrial or commercial roof.
Here are 6 steps you should consider before hiring a professional contractor to complete your Chattanooga roofing project:
- Choose Local: Look for local contractors in the Chattanooga area who specialize in commercial roofing. Check out their work!
- Conduct an In Person Interview: Meet for a sit down to get a feel for the company or contractor. Get an overview of supplies, labor, and cost involved in your project so there are no surprises. This can help you decide which Chattanooga roofing contractor is best fit for your specific job
- Proof of Insurance: At Tennessee Roofing & Construction, we recommend you never hire a contractor, of any kind, without proof of licenses, permits, worker’s comp, as well as insurance.
- Estimated Time to Complete Roofing Job: Know up front how long a job so you can plan accordingly. It’s so crucial to be on the same page, and work with a contractor who will keep you in the communication loop as the roofing project develops.
- Previous Commercial Roofing Experience: Inquire about past experience, and ask to see a roofing portfolio for examples, if available. Know what you’re getting into.
- Read Reviews & Testimonials: The power of social media sharing can help you determine a quality Chattanooga commercial contractor, like Tennessee Roofing and Construction!
Tennessee Roofing and Construction is a certified installer of commercial roofing systems and products. We focus on commercial construction, hospitality, and industrial construction throughout Tennessee and Georgia. Call us today for your free commercial roofing estimate! We would love to bring your roofing project to life.
Top 4 Causes of Commercial Roof Damage
- Thursday, 25 July 2019 18:37
When it comes to your roof, it is best if it just works. Nobody wants to be inside of a building that they own, or a building that someone else owns and finding out that the rood has been compromised. Not only is a leaky roof annoying, but it can also cause damage to the structure of the building and, in some scenarios, lead to unsafe conditions within the building itself. At Tennessee Commercial Roofing & Construction, Inc., we perform a wide range of roofing construction services across Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. Our team has years of experience in all aspects of roofing construction and, in today’s blog post, we wanted to go over some of the most common causes of roofing damage. If you haven’t read our previous blog post on common commercial roof issues, we suggest you go back and do so now because this blog further expands on many of the ideas presented in that blog.
Read more ...
Commercial Roof Repairs Chattanooga: Recognizing the Signs of Roof Damage
- Wednesday, 17 October 2018 18:18
Commercial Roof Repairs & Maintenance Services Chattanooga
Roof leaks can be unpredictable, so it is important to spot deterioration early and act fast to begin commercial roof repairs in Chattanooga. The damage may result from severe weather events that are difficult to predict, a bad installation, rooftop traffic causing wear and tear over time, or neglect by failing to invest in regular maintenance services to inspect the facility.
Read more ...